Thursday 18 April 2013

put on that dress

I hadn't intended to leave it so long before blogging again, but life has been a little hectic lately. I can't believe we're coming up for the end of April. How have Katie and I been planning this for 4 months already?! That is a truly frightening thought, and probably a sign that I should be stepping up my training. I've just added a countdown to the blog, and it says we have 148 days until we leave. 148 days! 

Training has been going ok-ish, I have been forcing myself to go to the gym, though not as often as I probably should. But I've been twice since Sunday and on Saturday I'm going to do some hill walking with my flatmate, which will be good for me. A couple of my friends have been hassling me that I'm not training hard enough yet. Apparently, it's time for me to get some help from a professional and build up my strength so that I can cope with carrying my pack (this is your reminder... advice, please). Admittedly, I am going to have to work on this, but I think part of me is in denial. One minute I think 148 days is ages away and plenty of time to get sorted, then I realise that actually, it really isn't and it's time to get cracking.

Let's move on for now and allow me to continue to live in my happy bubble of denial for a little longer. Fundraising is going really well. We are currently at £1630 (not counting the gift aid JHT will receive on top of that!) and I am mega proud of me and Katie for reaching halfway to our target already. Of course, we don't plan on stopping at £3100, and we are keen to surpass that amount by as much as possible, so don't let the fact that we are doing well stop you from sponsoring us *cough cough*

This Saturday is our Champagne and Sparkling Wine Tasting evening and Katie has done a magnificent job in making it all happen. We've sold 39 tickets and are looking at making a tidy profit to add to our tally and it won't be long before we hit the £2000 mark. You may not remember the significance of this, but I'm nothing if not honest. Everyone is well aware that the lovely Ms Motivator is the brains of this little duo, and I am the comic relief. So far I have gone ginger (my hair will be going blonde again imminently) and humiliated myself in a onesie. However, I did say that when we reached £2000 I would wear a dress to work every day for a week and not complain about it (those who know me well will realise that this is quite a challenge for me). So, if you want to witness that hilarity sooner rather than later, maybe it's time for YOU to sponsor us! Look, I'll even supply you with the link again to make it easy for you to give us your money. CLICK ME.

This means it is time for me to start sourcing dresses to wear. I don't really want to spend too much money on dresses I will never wear again, so this is a call for anyone who is a size 8/10 (probably mostly size 8) who would be prepared to lend me a dress that won't make me look like a twat. I mean, I'll feel like one anyway, but it would be good to wear dresses that aren't completely ridiculous and not very 'me', you know?

The next question has to be, what on earth am I going to do to celebrate reaching our £3100 target? I mean, I've gone ginger, I've worn a dress... how else can I humiliate myself?! Suggestions, as ever, gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment