Thursday 16 May 2013

clap your hands

I have been pretty useless at writing an update over the last couple of weeks. I keep meaning to get round to it, but life has been hectic and things keep getting in the way.

With 120 days to go, I am once again starting to feel nervous about all the training and how completely not fit I am, but I know that there is still plenty of time to prepare. I just need to get my act together, keep motivated and learn how to make myself go to the gym or for a walk, even when there is nothing I want to do less.

Our fundraising is at a pretty amazing £2337.87, which is reassuring. As promised (though slightly delayed), this week I have been wearing a dress to work each day. I have mostly kept my promise of not moaning about it, though I have to admit I've probably slipped up a few times.

Anyway, here is today's dress, borrowed from a friend, which most people have agreed is their favourite of the week.


I'm not really made for this girly dress-wearing malarkey. Yesterday involved a very traumatic 'ladder' incident, and I desperately wandered around the building until I found someone who was going to tesco at lunch to pick up some new tights. I don't even know how I did it. I mean, one minute I was sat at my desk, happily working away and the next minute I saw THIS:




Very embarrassing. And seriously, no idea. Speaking of embarrassing, on the very same morning I was spotted walking through the car park on my way into work. That day's dress was rather short (you may be able to tell that from the photo. I apologise for showing so much leg), and I was wearing the aforementioned tights. By the time I walked through the door, one of my colleagues had persuaded everyone who was around at the time to stand at the door to greet me and applaud as I walked through the door. It was hilarious, but made me cringe. Yes, people, I HAVE LEGS. And with all this bloody gym work and walking I'm doing, admittedly they've never looked better. HA!

I'm going to finish up here for today, because it's late and I'm tired. Do me a favour and pop over to our fundraising page to sponsor me. After wearing dresses all week, I think I deserve it. It's for families like this Katie and I are doing this, so have a read and then donate.

Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment