Monday 24 June 2013

it's not over yet

I am about to go away for a couple of weeks on a much needed holiday, but I feel I should write a brief update before I go. After all, those with a keen eye (or who look at my facebook), will realise that we reached our target of £3100 last week. Of course we are not stopping now and have increased our target to £4000, but I do feel a sense of relief being able to go on holiday and not worry about the fundraising side of things.

We held a quiz at work last week and it seemed to go really well. I was stressed to hell and wouldn't have got through it without the aid of some of my colleagues who came to my rescue when I realised just how disorganised I was (I hadn't considered food until the day before), but much fun was had by all (mostly) and it was worth all the stress to get home and realise we were only £60 off our target. One of my favourite people then sponsored us £60 in order to take us to the magic £3100.

Fitness can now take complete priority, which I admit I'm worried about, especially as I'm about to go on holiday and therefore not go to the gym for 2 weeks. Having said that, I am clearly getting stronger because I carried heavy things on the weekend and was proud of myself for my 'butchness', and of course I will be carrying my rucksack around and walking lots while we're in Munich/Zagreb. I keep saying I will keep doing press ups and squats each day while I'm away, but I'm probably kidding myself there...

See you in a couple of weeks. Feel free to carry on sponsoring us while I'm away.

No comments:

Post a Comment