Monday 26 August 2013

18 days to go

18 days to go.

Plans for this weekend didn't quite go as we had hoped, but I did manage to fit in a trip to the gym yesterday followed by a 10 mile walk from Nailsworth to Stroud and back again today. It was a pretty good walk; lots of hills and at times it was painful but by the time we got back I was still feeling pretty good on it. I was a little worried because one of the friends we went with would stride ahead at speed, but I kept to my own pace and refused to rush. In a few weeks I'm doing this three days running and stamina is what's going to matter most, not who can get to the top first. It wasn't great for my morale, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

So, with so little time to go now, Jo has been pushing me to go to the gym or walk every day after work. Already this is proving difficult, because we have an appointment to look at a flat tomorrow (we are desperate to move now - slight issues with our current place making it difficult to put up with being here). But hopefully we'll be done at the flat early enough to make it possible to head up Leckhampton Hill, and I'll try to get to the gym Wednesday or Thursday.

This week I also need to sit down and really read the itinerary for the trip and all the boring crap like that. I've been avoiding it for weeks now, but I guess now is the time to stop living in denial and get myself ready. That also means shopping for some bits for my kit (clothes, mainly). There is just too much to do and not enough time to fit it in.

Panic, panic, panic, panic...

No comments:

Post a Comment