Thursday 14 March 2013

i check my look in the mirror


I type to you this evening as a ginger.

The deed was done after work on Tuesday, with my flatmate Fi-Fi in control of the hair dye and my partner in crime Katie in charge of documenting the event with photos. Most of you will have seen it by now, but this is how it's looking:



It has been approved by my generous sponsor, who I don't think actually believed I would go through with it. All I can say is never underestimate me, I don't back down from a challenge.

I've been dealing with a bit of ribbing; carrot, Ginny, Ron, Garfield, to name some of the more polite teasing I have had to put up with. But of course it is all done without malice and I am happy to put up with it.

It has been a weird couple of days. People stare, you see. The problem is that I keep forgetting that I'm a ginger now so I get very confused by the expression on people's faces as they stare at me. Hilariously, I got off pretty lightly because it turns out I suit the ginger look. This means that I have been highly amused by the fact that people are at first unsure as to whether I have done this to myself out of choice, or if perhaps it could be another of mine and Rogers 'office dares' or something. They are scared of saying the wrong thing or offending me by asking (well, those with any tact anyway) and so choose to say nothing, while still giving me a wary look. This is the point at which I jump in and explain and they then look relieved.

Nothing can be so amusing though as when I shock myself as I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror, expecting to see my normal blonde self and being confronted with a fairly bright orange.

It won't be long before I have to carry out my next challenge, as we are getting pretty close to the £1000 mark. It has been agreed that Ms Motivator (aka Katie) is the ideas woman, full of charm and organisational skills. I serve as the comic relief, someone willing to do outrageous things and be laughed at.

Having said that, Katie has let it be known that if someone is willing to sponsor her a substantial amount of money, she would be prepared to go ginger too - so if anyone is willing to contribute to that fund, please let us know. I know I'd like to see Katie do something utterly ridiculous.

Our next fundraising endeavour will be announced in the next few days, so stay tuned for that. In the mean time I will leave you with our first 'team photo' and yet another link to our sponsorship page.



No comments:

Post a Comment