Tuesday 5 March 2013

all the colours of the rainbow


It is time to step things up a notch people. Let's get serious.

I am pretty much willing to do whatever I have to in order to raise as much money as possible for the James Hopkins Trust. In my eyes, obviously, there is no better or more deserving cause.

So. With that in mind, this is my plan.

When we reach certain milestones, I will do something ridiculous in 'celebration'. The first milestone is £500. When we reach that point, I have agreed that I will dye my hair. There is currently some discussion (read: argument) about what colour this should be, so I thought what better than to leave the choice entirely up to you.

These are your options:

  • 'Debbie Harry in the Atomic days' blonde
  • Pink
  • Blue
  • I'll pay you lots of money NOT to dye your hair (that one's for my father)
If you want to have your say, all you have to do is sponsor us. If you do that through our bmycharity page, then when it asks if you want to comment, include your colour choice. I will also get some jars (or something) together to keep on my desk at work. Put the money in the appropriate pot and I'll get someone neutral (i.e. not you) to keep track of which option is winning and voila! The one with the most money when we reach the £500.00 mark wins.

I promise I will absolutely go through with this (and get it done by a pro - don't panic kids).

And before some of you cry/have heart attacks/freak out/shout at me... just remember it isn't permanent. It's hair dye. It's temporary. My hair will grow. And it's all for a good cause.

It's still to be decided what the other milestone celebrations should be and I will take all suggestions on board, but bear in mind that reaching £2000 will result in me wearing a dress to work every day for a week (and not complaining about it). And I just know you want me to have to go through that traumatic experience.

If you want to see all this ridiculousness happen, get sponsoring us people. Spread the word.

You all know you want to see me looking silly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment