Tuesday 3 September 2013

a call to arms

Firstly, an apology to all the people I made cry when they read my previous post! And a big thank you to all who have sent me feedback and words of love, I really appreciate all of your kind messages.

Which brings me to the subject of today’s post. We need YOU.

We are well into the final countdown now, with only 10 days to go until we fly to Morocco. Katie and I are busy with final preparations, making last minute purchases and generally flitting between excitement and terror on an almost hourly basis.

Katie and I work well together, despite (or because of) the fact that we are almost polar opposites. She is bright and cheery, she is Ms Motivator, always positive and upbeat. I am… well, none of those things. One thing we do have in common though, is a love of music. Music is one of the most important things in the world to me, has got me through some of the toughest times of my life. So in these last few days before we head off, I am looking to pull together a list of motivational songs that we can call on when we need that little extra push up the mountain. Katie has already advised that she is planning to sing most of the way up (I had a full rendition of Survivor by Destiny’s Child last night, apparently our anthem), but what we need from you is some suggestions for other songs we can add to our list. It can be anything you consider to be appropriate, whether they will inspire or just plain make us laugh. Suggestions from a colleague this morning included Ain’t No Mountain, and Katie is also keen on ‘she’ll be coming round the mountain…’.

I was given another idea today that requires your assistance. It was suggested that we should ask people to write us some notes or messages of support and motivation that we can call upon when times get tough. If you should feel so inclined, you can send a note to sophhopkins84@gmail.com or katherinefionaparker@gmail.com and we can take them with us.

I have also promised to try and keep updating Twitter and Facebook as much as possible while I'm away. I don't know what internet access will be like, but if you tweet, feel free to follow me on twitter @sophhopkins.

And now it is time for me to start researching high calorie snack bars. The fun just never stops...

No comments:

Post a Comment