Thursday 12 September 2013

keep calm and carry on

This is my bible:



I will be using it to write while I am away, because I will be lost without any means to write. However, it now also contains some useful quotes in readiness for times of need, some messages of support from friends and family, and some useful bits of advice from my girlfriend. Highlights include "don't fall off", "stay away from scorpions" a mini episode of the Archers (written by Jo) in case I miss it while I'm away, and my personal favourite, this: 



You see, I can't pack for shit. My spatial awareness does not exist. So I've just spent the last couple of hours sitting quietly and trying not to get in the way as Jo somehow managed to get all of my kit into my rucksack. Because she isn't coming with me, she has drawn me the above handy diagram so that I know how to pack ready to come home.

I am really that crap, and she really is that good to me. We haven't really been apart from more than one night before, so six days is going to be quite the wrench for me. She's the best.

Generally, now my kit is packed, I'm feeling ok. People have been amazingly generous and we're now almost at £4400. My dad told me today that if we include gift aid in that, we've cracked the £5000 mark. It's mind blowing. And I can't thank you enough.

There is of course still time to sponsor us. A huge thank you to those who have done so today, you guys are the best.

The rest of you can make a huge difference to JHT by heading to our sponsorship page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment