Monday 9 September 2013

the final countdown

I've had a pretty good few days. This weekend Jo and I went to Malvern to get in one final big hill walk before the trip. We walked 25 miles across 2 days, covering pretty much the length of the Malvern Hills and climbing over 4000ft (not all at once, there was a lot of walking up and down then up again). I did all of this while carrying a fairly heavy pack on my back, so overall I was pretty pleased with how the weekend went. Not only that, but we managed to escape the rain completely, and this morning as I crawled out of bed to head to work, I felt achey but pretty positive.

I got a few photos, like this one: 



Today was a pretty freaking good day too, as we managed to go past our target of £4000. In fact, we are now at an astounding £4197, which is incredibly exciting and a huge motivator for me, and I'm sure for Katie too.

My plan now, with only 4 days and 3 hours to go until D-Day, is to head to the gym after work tomorrow to do one last session on the treadmill, but that will be it then. The rest of the week will be spent preparing/packing/last minute panic-buying. And finalising my mountain playlist of course. All suggestions still welcome.

On top of all of that, we found out today that we have a flat inspection on Wednesday, so I have to get back to cleaning the flat for now...

Still time for sponsor us, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment